This checklist provides a simple yet comprehensive set of points to consider before choosing Smart Signage for your business.
1. Signage Stability: Platform stability is the core aspect of selecting Smart Signage. Signage stability includes both the CMS (Content Management System) through which the content is managed across the displays and the hardware. On the CMS side, check for the responsiveness of the UI and how fast the uploads are. Whereas on the hardware side; aspects like auto-upgrades, auto-start of the app, preventing pop-ups need to be considered. This keeps the entire system running without any glitches.
2. Price Vs Value: The cheapest providers are not always the best and the most expensive software providers are not always the ones that deliver maximum value. If you choose a platform that is pricey, you end up paying a premium for their marketing expenses. On the other hand, if you choose a platform that charges minuscule; it is usually unstable and comes with fewer features. Neither extremes are ideal. Choose a Smart Signage CMS provider who not only meets your specific requirements but also offers good value in terms of pricing and features. When approached is it with flashy pomp and circumstance we can do everything attitude or from a true believer grass roots part of the community offering good value?
3. Visual Experience: Irrespective of the extensive set of features offered by a Smart Signage Platform, what matters the most is the Output on the Displays. What your customer sees So, even minor aspects like the transition between media files need to be observed carefully. No investment on the hardware is justifiable if the output looks cluttered or if there is a blank screen for a second or if the transitions are not smooth.
4. Security: Select a Smart Signage provider who gives utmost importance to security and provides an end-to-end encrypted system. This way any security breaches will be prevented and display networks will not be compromised. Hence, you’ll never be in an awkward position. Cloud platforms are actually more secure than local access.
5. Customer Reviews: Everyone’s experience is different so make sure and check with your inner circle of business associates and ask what they are using. Major downfalls, things they’d change, things they loved. Service varies geographically so your local community will have the best input.
6. Multi-Display Support: Select a Smart Signage vendor whose products are plug ‘n play to existing TV displays. Gone are the old days and old ways of buying all in one $15,000 units that when need replaced or upgraded force you to purchase a complete new system. All in one systems are proprietary and expensive. Component systems that mix the ‘brains’ with off the shelf hardware take advantage of economies of scale by allowing you to purchase off the shelf displays at great cost reductions. Moving from a 32″ to a 55″ display? All-in-one units, by design, will always cost more in time, money and energy whereas component systems are a simple plug ‘n play away.
7. Customization: Choose a Smart Signage provider who offers customizations as this will help you meet your requirements perfectly. Also, any unforeseen needs that might arise can be tackled easily. You don’t want to go through the hassle of changing the provider after a few months of usage.
8. Customer Support: Hopefully you’ll never need support but when you do responsiveness in addressing the queries and quick issue resolution are the essential elements for smooth operation of your display network.
9. Continuous Development: Choose a provider who updates their platform on a timely basis with quarterly releases and upgrades the player automatically in order to make new features available immediately. It’s your provider’s job to give you the best Smart Signage that works seamlessly in the background of your store to let you focus on happy customers and making money.
10. Cloud Vs On-Premise: Choose Cloud for greater flexibility and fewer worries. Unless you want to lose excessive time, money and energy keeping a hardware and software solution active, secure and up to date do not choose old school on-premise signage. Instead, choose cloud based platforms that not only update themselves but allow you the flexibility to audit and make changes from any connected device across the planet. This could be from your living room or adding a last minute promotion from your hotel in Hawaii. Flexibility and security of the cloud is too important not to choose.